Your Motorsports shot's 4

Started Mar 2, 2020 | Discussions thread
Kae1 Forum Member • Posts: 54
Re: Virtual Racing

Very impressive outfit and even more impressed that you are driving around Oulton Park - one of my favourite circuits.

The main circuit hasn't changed much since my first trip there in 1968 except for new corners just before Knickerbrook. The circuit is great from a photographer's point of view as there is limited catch fencing and plenty of different locations to stand. Whilst non championship F1 meetings were held in the 60s today most of the UK elite championships visit but not international championships, which require acres of run off areas and catch fencing, so mainly go to Silverstone.

They still hold an annual Gold Cup meeting which originally was for F1 cars in the 60s but is now for historic cars (mainly 50 to 80s).

Pedro Rodriguez 1968 Gold Cup

Last year's meeting included a couple of old CanAm & F5000 cars which were a sight, and sound, to behold on such a narrow track!

If you had been driving virtually in a McLaren and looked to the right you might have seen me taking this shot!

Kae1's gear list:Kae1's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic G90 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dav
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
dav
dav
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow