Covid pandemic, your photography

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
SW Anderson Regular Member • Posts: 429
Re: Covid pandemic, your photography

Gnine wrote:

Confusedabit wrote:

Gnine wrote:

My sister, who was pregnant at the time caught it, along with her husband, their young child, their parents in their mid 70's, his brother, and all recovered fine. No worse than a common cold. Consequently, I have no fear of it,

The next mutation may get you though. I expect virus strategy evolved over many years hinges on this smug self absorbed complacency.

You will still be well advised to get vaccinated to allow for the new strains.

Also wear a mask in case you are a silent carrier if re-infected to protect others.

The success of this virus in closing down our economies is that it balances covert harmless reinfection and death and disability in such a refined way. The common cold that kills or cripples on a whim if it has your number on it.

worked the whole time it's been around, and only wear a mask when shopping at stores that require it for entry. My photography has changed because local government has put a stop to all car and bike shows, as well as all motorsport events. So I resort to this.

Thing is, if you die of a heart attack or cancer, diabetes or whatever, and happen to have a cold or flu at the time, it's not recorded as a cold or flu death. That's the difference

I can't say that has never happened, particularly in areas where hospitals were overwhelmed with cases and deaths for a time. But as a general proposition, no. I won't accept that without comprehensive documented evidence.

SW Anderson's gear list:SW Anderson's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J1 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Pentax Q7 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow