Long lenses on DX Choices - 150-600, 200-400/500 etc.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Aston Senna Junior Member • Posts: 49
Re: Long lenses on DX Choices - 150-600, 200-400/500 etc.

kayaker353 wrote:

Let's talk about environmental conditions and distance to subject. The first shot at 300 mm definitely appears to have the subject closer than the 500 to 600mm shots. The longer shots appear to have more asphalt between the camera and subject. This could lead to thermal distortion causing lack of sharpness. The day of the longer shots does appear to be more hazy than the 300mm shot. I would try to control conditions more carefully to eliminate haze and thermal distortion to see if results could be improved with that kind of technique. The lower camera angle of the longer shots could also be contributing to haze. I would eliminate those issues before buying a new lens.

i appreciate the tips ! Will definitely keep that in mind .

I have so many pictures to look through, I'll try and find more comparable examples from same spot and different lengths and same subject to frame size ratio

Aston Senna's gear list:Aston Senna's gear list
Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon 85mm F1.8G +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow