Regular Sensor/B&W Setting

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Mark Scott Abeln
Mark Scott Abeln Forum Pro • Posts: 16,807
Re: Filter Tests

Leica Eye wrote:

Digital B&W is a whole new field that needs lots of trial & error. From what I've done so far, even slightly different scenes/lighting need individual attention.. So many settings available for just 1 shot.

My D750 has so many settings that I'm not aware of many, such as my camera having built-in monochrome filter settings.

But theory and practice makes such settings selections far easier so that they become second nature. For example, if there is a rich blue sky with fluffy clouds then I'd go with a red filter to darken the sky and enhance the clouds.

Somehow, I think unless you have unlimited time for taking and then PP, converting Color to B&W & then PP will suffice maybe 90% of situations..

I agree.

Or maybe just go buy and use a Monochrome, but that surely must still incur all the Filter & other decisions/settings!! .. L

I would like to find a discarded Leica Q2 Monochrom! And yes, color filters might be interesting with that camera.

Mark Scott Abeln's gear list:Mark Scott Abeln's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow