Taking the X-T3 where few dare to take it..... Underwater! (Part I)

Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
maxxxx Contributing Member • Posts: 947
Re: Taking the X-T3 where few dare to take it..... Underwater! (Part I)

DivineMadcat wrote:

I am happy to share guys, and I am happy people enjoyed. Likewise, and questions I am happy to answer, as well as critique for improvement. I am still learning, and feedback always helps.

Mr Bolton wrote:

Wow!! That looks amazing!

Could you do one of these posts detailing the gear you used? Because you know, I don't yet have enough expensive hobbies

Sure thing! Between my DIY work this week, and the other parts I ordered, I should have a far more complete and capable kit by next week. But for the moment, here is a text rundown:

Body: X-T3

Lens: 10-24mm f/4

Camera housing: Meikon X-T3 underwater housing

Lens port (future): Meikon 8" Dry dome w/70mm tube

Lens port (current): Meikon V1 X-T2/3 standard port (short)

Definitely planning on doing a picture rundown however, as I would love to share with the community what options we have available.

maxxxx wrote:

These are great! I wish I lived somewhere where it would make sense to get one of these.

from my research we are talking $800. Is that about right?

So, retail on the kit with the flat port is around $500, and the kit with flat and 6" dome is around 650 (depending on where you shop).

In my case, I snagged an Amazon warehouse deal on the base kit for 200. I think someone used it on a vacation once, didn't even bother to wash off the sand, and return it. Gave it a rinse, and a function test in the tub, and it was like new. Also found the larger dome port (8" as opposed to the stock 6") on Amazon for 199 (assuming it is as described....). All told, with the extra grip I ordered, I have around $420 in the setup. Not cheap, but not bad considering.

Nice! How deep do you go?  I have taken my GoPro scuba diving and it worked well but a bigger sensor would be nice. Some lights would be even better but I think that’s even pricier.

maxxxx's gear list:maxxxx's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow