5D Mark IV color problems in Lightroom

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Marc dbr
Marc dbr Regular Member • Posts: 365
5D Mark IV color problems in Lightroom

Hi all,

I know the topic of canon colours in Lightroom is a recurring problem for many, instead of switching to Capture 1, I have stuck to Lightroom given the collection of presets I am running on there. Leaving Lightroom for capture one means I cannot use the looks that I have been perfecting over the last years. However I am disappointed at the way Lightroom renders the reds of the 5DIV. I just purchased an R5 and I am planning to get the color fidelity profiles for it (I heard they help a great deal).

My question is regarding what to do with the 5DIV color problem. I am keeping the camera as a second camera so I am considering to get the color fidelity profiles for the 5DIV too. Do you recommend this or is it not making a difference for color interpretation?

Below I have attached two images processed in Lightroom and Capture 1. This is not a scientific test by any means since the LR image has a preset (with no extreme color manipulation) and the Capture 1 and DPP photos have been processed with contrast, WB and exposure. Note that adding contrast distorts the reds in Lightroom while Capture and DPP do not have this effect.

If someone has a made a 5DIV profile for adobe or owns the color fidelity one I would appreciate to see the difference compared to the Camera Standard profile in adobe. I am seriously considering buying it but want to be sure it corrects the color problem in adobe Lightroom.

Thanks for any shared experiences!

Adobe Lightroom (Red-Magenta tones become patches of color without detail)

Capture 1 (Color is more accurate)

-- hide signature --

Adobe Lightroom Processed

Capture 1 Processed

DPP Processed

DPP Raw converted

Marc dbr's gear list:Marc dbr's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +6 more
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow