Cracks around mount

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP jjuncal Junior Member • Posts: 46
Re: Cracks around mount

ahinesdesign wrote:

Looks more like a scratch to my eyes. The affected area is not part of the lens mount or body surrounding it, only the top plate and trim ring around the mount. The lens mount itself is attached to the main body casting.

Source: https://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/reviews/compactsystemcameras/nikon-z7/3

I am sure that if it is indeed a crack, Nikon will ask if they can fix it while it's in the repair center. In my experience, they do not like to send cameras back with known problems, and often fix more than expected. Last time I sent a camera in for an inspection after a drop (onto carpet, no visible damage), they replaced the mount, front of the body, AF module, mirror box, replaced grips, calibrated AF module, and cleaned it top to bottom.

thanks for your input and posting this picture. it helped to have a better visualisation of the body

jjuncal's gear list:jjuncal's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z7 II Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow