In the Taiwan mountains

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
mtnroads Regular Member • Posts: 121
Re: So much more than just resolution.

Fantastic Images.. thank you so much for posting. I had no idea Taiwan was so rugged like that. Will have to investigate further as I spend a lot of time in Asia - mostly down in the Philippines, with occasional trips to Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, etc. Not far.

Love that last set from the Fuji. I have been frustrated during my 6 month experiment with the system. Wanted to try the manual controls, film sims and love the retro look. Bought an X-T2, X-H1(for IBIS) the 18-55, a few primes.. Thought I might get better images but mostly disappointed. Lower consistency overall, harder to use, some AF issues, although the colors are often magnificent as your images show.

I guess my point is I took for granted the incredible reliability, consistency and Pro lens quality of my Olympus gear over the past 5-6 years. It always produced consistent quality images without quirks or fuss. The Fuji might be more artistic and creative in some ways but it is more work to get results. Fortunately I still have all my Oly gear for my travels.

mtnroads's gear list:mtnroads's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Olympus E-M1 II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow