FedEx loses my R5 on the way to canon cps

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
iazybandit Contributing Member • Posts: 634
Re: FedEx loses my R5 on the way to canon cps

Rawpaul wrote:

User5942872967 wrote:

omg... so a week later i can't believe i'm typing this. I've been calling every day to fedex and they haven't called me back until i finally escalated. They admitted they lost the camera. They also said canon only insured it for $100.

I'm beyond sick thinking about this one. I sent my 70-200, RF35, EF135, TC and flash via fedex ground and it was a day late but it arrived today. But my pride and joy r5 is now gone. They said something about the label had to be changed and now they lost it.

i'm waiting to hear back from Canon CPS. man i really hope they do the right thing here since they didn't insure it for the full amount.

i'll let you all know what happens... I'm glad i removed both my memory cards. usually i ship with the camera so they can run diagnostics. man just shaking my head....

Wow , I feel for you man .

but as you yourself are not to blame.

FedEx or Canon (CPS) should pick up the tab here.

and they will , not to worry .

I hope it gets resolved soon man , I,m rooting for you 💪

FedEx is held liable for what it's insured for even they lost it. The shipper is responsible for insuring it and for the correct amount. So Canon should cover the remaining balance or just cover the full balance and skip going through FedEx for a measly $100 if that was the insured value.

iazybandit's gear list:iazybandit's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Canon 70-200 F2.8L III +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow