Features I'd like to see in the next firmware update.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dan-Z Regular Member • Posts: 174
Features I'd like to see in the next firmware update.

Only a couple, both have to do with sound.

I don't know how many times I thought I clicked on the red button that switches from photo to video, only to find out later that I didn't press the button hard enough and ended up turning on the video when I was actually trying to turn it off. I had this problem in the late summer, and now that it's winter, the problem is even worse as I'm usually wearing a thin pair of gloves.

1. This is a must. I want to be able to hear an audio cue when I turn on video and a different sounding audio cue when I turn it off. With the option to turn this feature on or off in the menu and the option to raise the volume higher or lower.

I find that I rarely use Electronic shutter mode simply because I have no feedback on how many photos I've taken. Supposedly you can tell how many photos you've taken by the flashing border in the viewfinder, but I don't find this very intuitive as my eye is usually focused on the center of the frame not on the edges.

2. In Electronic shutter mode, I want to be able to hear a shutter sound for every frame I capture. With the option to turn this feature on or off in the menu and the option to raise the volume higher or lower.

Dan-Z's gear list:Dan-Z's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow