Mac/iOS raw (.orf) support with new Olympus cameras

Started Nov 23, 2019 | Discussions thread
Dan Dare Forum Member • Posts: 83
Re: Mac/iOS raw (.orf) support with new Olympus cameras

I've escalated this to Olympus as well as Apple, still waiting for a reply from both. In the meantime I've purchased Affinity Photo which works really well as an editing extension to Apple Photos and for £23.99 it is good value.

I can import the ORF file into Apple Photos and all I see is a blank thumbnail. but selecting Edit and dismissing the warning that there is no image detail to edit I select the extensions tab and choose Edit in Affinity Photo and from then onwards I have a viewable image which I edit in Affinity Pro and then save back to Apple Photos.

By also importing the JPGs from the camera I can choose which images to discard and the just edit the ORFs of the images I want to keep.

It's bit of a faff but it works and will do as a temporary solution until Apple provides  compatibility.

Dan Dare's gear list:Dan Dare's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Nikon Z7 Olympus E-M1 III Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow