Q2 and 32 degree limit.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DaveJC
DaveJC Senior Member • Posts: 1,864
Q2 and 32 degree limit.

Being of the never read the manual clan, I was surprised to discover the Q2 has a temperature range of 0 to 40 C. Since I live in NE Ohio and it is below 32 quite often in the winter, this has become a problem. Before reading about problem on line, I really thought maybe I had a lemon. Weird thing is sometimes it did work and in 10 F temps. Then other times it would not focus like if you had it in macro by accident. Yesterday it just seized and displayed message, System Failure(focus). That was when I did an online search for the error. Seems if I leave it in the car in the cold, it works. If I take it out from being inside, it fails. Will have to play with this more. Just surprised it had a 0 C / 32 F limit. All my Fuji gear is good to -10 C / -14 F. Was looking at getting a Nikon Z7 ii but it has same 0 C limit. Amazing that I never saw this mentioned by all those Utubers wandering about in snow with the Nikon. Oh well, normally I find info from Utubers more informative that slugging through 100 pages of vaguely written documents.

-- hide signature --

Fuji XT and GF shooter
DaveJC

DaveJC's gear list:DaveJC's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm GFX 50R
Nikon Z7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow