Good workout lens

Started 10 months ago | User reviews thread
William Curtindale
William Curtindale Veteran Member • Posts: 9,374
Re: Good workout lens

Howie Dewing wrote:

This lens is old enough for a bar mitzvah. It's held up well despite a Version II coming out. It weighs a ton and curiously does not give me a 1.5X crop on my a77 II. I was hoping for it to be the 36-105mm gap between the Sony 16 50mm f/2.8 and the Minolta APO 80-200mm f/2.8 lenses. Oh well. It still delivers incredible photographs and works really well for video with its SSM. Just prepare yourself to have tired arms at the end of the day.

I agree the SAL 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA SSM is a wonderful lens. My last usage of that lens was about 1 1/2 years ago for a wedding.

I am 77 years old now which is not so old but my strength is not what it used to be so I sadly parted with my heavy 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA and 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA and several other FF ZA primes (it was emotionally had to do because of their performance and pride in ownership).

I migrated to lighter weight / smaller Sony equipment in effort to keep my photography passion alive.

Enjoy your 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA.

-- hide signature --

I enjoy content, simplicity and light weight: A6500 and A7C w/Sony + Zeiss + G Glass

William Curtindale's gear list:William Curtindale's gear list
Sony a7C Sony a6500 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow