How do you carry your camera plus RF 100-500?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
birdbrain
birdbrain Veteran Member • Posts: 3,794
Re: How do you carry your camera plus RF 100-500?

Andy01 wrote:

birdbrain wrote:

Fit an ARCA plate to the lens foot.

Get an ARCA clamp.

Then something like a Black Rapid connector.

Screw that onto the underside of the clamp, attach the clamp to the plate on the lens, then hang from your Black Rapid, or similar sling.

I carried my 7D2 with either the 100-400 MKII or 500 f4 MKII like this.

I wasn't aware that the standard Canon tripod foot was arca-swiss - at least my EF 100-400L ii isn't ?

I am obviously missing something as I don't understand how this will work ? The OP wpould need to attach an arca-swiss plate to the tripod foot (as I suggested above) and then attach the arca-swiss clamp to the plate and then the ring to the clamp - if it is just a loop for attaching a strap that was required, why not just screw it into the tripod foot directly ?

I thought that the OP wanted a "handle" that could be used to carry it with (hence the suggestion of a longer plate) and wasn't "looking for a strap solution", but maybe I misunderstood that ?

Colin

The title of the post is “How do you carry your camera plus RF 100-500.”

So I gave my reply as to how ‘I’ carry such a setup.

Oh and the first line of my reply, “fit an ARCA plate to the lens foot” is a big clue 😬

-- hide signature --

Phil
I wondered why the ball kept getting bigger, then it hit me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/philthebirdbrain/sets/

birdbrain's gear list:birdbrain's gear list
Sony RX10 II Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow