Macro flash alternatives

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Hermann Schilt Forum Member • Posts: 73
Re: Macro flash alternatives

I just bought the Hähnel Modus 600RT II Pro Kit for Nikon this week. I own a Nikon SD-800 for 16 years and a Nikon SD-700 for 10 years. Although I spend a lot of time to figure out how they could work together using the Creative Light System I never totally grasped it for 100%. It worked ok though but in a row of shots there were always a 10-15% of underexposed photos from which I could not identify the cause of. Therefore I hesitated to by the R1C1 kit which was also relatively old.

One of my colleagues attended me on a test of the Hähnel kit and he was extremely positive about it. The first advantage is the use of a lithium battery, no worries and management about the AA rechargeable batteries. The kit has two flashes and a Viper transmitter, you can put your lights where you want and with RTF connection you get the right iTTL shots. In one afternoon I shot more excellent shots then the struggle from the years before.

The trade-in price offered was not high, so I kept both Nikon flashes. I will buy another Hähnel receiver so that I can use these flashes in this mode as well.

The second advantage is the guide number. To get the same value with Nikon flashes you have to spend a fortune, with this kit you can go many ways for a reasonable price.

-- hide signature --

Nikon D500, Nikkor 16-85 mm/f2,8, Micro Nikkor 105mm/f2,8, Nikon Z6, Nikkor S 24-70 mm /f4,0, Nikon 50 mm S /f1,8, Nikon S 85 mm S/f1,8, Nikon Z 24-200 mm f/4,0-6,3 VR and (adapted to Z6) Tamron 100-400/f 4-6,3, Hähnel Modus 600RT II Pro Kit

Hermann Schilt's gear list:Hermann Schilt's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Adobe Photoshop CS6 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 6 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow