Canon is classy

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
c h u n k
c h u n k Senior Member • Posts: 1,670
Canon is classy

Great job keepin it classy, Canon shooters!

Ive been reading over the forums pretty heavily over past couple weeks because I was deciding on the R vs R6. Big decision, ya know!!?? Thats not what this is about though. The last time I was really active in DPR was around 2 years ago when I bought my 6dii. For a few years leading up to that, Canon, and those of us invested in Canon, were getting slammed by [insert other brand here] fanatics. It was a daily occurence that people were being insulted for riding it out with Canon. Honestly, it chased me off the forums because it got so absurd. The times have changed - as most of us knew would.

Seems like the advent of the R, amazing RF glass and now the R6 and R5 have finally quieted them down. The cool thing is that Im not seeing Canon shooters flaming Sony, Nikon or the M4/3 crowds the same way - the way it should be. In all honesty, I really hope Nikon catches up and Sony stays competitive. I unapologetically LOVE Canon. It was Canon cameras I grew with into my love for photography. From a 8 mpx Powershot, to an SX? bridge camera, to my 1st DSLR - Canon T2i and now Ive had several DSLRs and tomorrow pulling trigger and moving to the R6 (mayyybe R). Ive had some experiences with Canon customer service and they have been, HANDS DOWN, the best customer service experiences Ive had with any company. Period. They stand behind their product and take responsibility for their customers satisfaction. I know - I get it - Its a business model and not some altruistic philosophy. That however, is the type of business model I want to buy from. Despite all that, I still wouldnt call myself a phanboi Well, maybe I would. I dont know - whatever it is, I dont think Im better, or smarter because of my camera brand. I dont put down other photographers because they chose a different brand. That would be absurd. I have, however, learned to trust Canon and had no doubt they would get here within a couple years. Part of me was tempted for a split second to find a few of the haters that wanted to bet the farm on Canon cameras becoming obsolete and getting in a "told ya so" - "I was right/you were wrong", but Id rather just shoot and I truly hope their still happy with their gear instead of looking at spec sheets and feeling all jealous or looking for discrepancies Canons MTF charts. Here are a few of my last photos taken with the 6dii they all called trash. Its been great to me personally,  and Im excited to begin making more, and hopefully better images without the mirror box in a new smelling R6 very soon Good job keepin it classy, Canon shooters.

Northern Flicker

White-breasted Nuthatch

Red Bellied Woodpecker

Northern Cardinal

-- hide signature --

Some of my photos here: https://flic.kr/ps/2i6XL3
“You're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way!” --Dr. Seuss

c h u n k's gear list:c h u n k's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +7 more
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow