Tell me about the XF10

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Bielefeld06
Bielefeld06 Junior Member • Posts: 43
Re: Tell me about the XF10

Peter

Have you any tips on using the XF10 for scenics or landscapes, particularly with regard to focusing? Do you use the 5m snap focus mode?

Lee

Thank you very much, Lee! I use the XF10 for different purposes. First it is the camera I always carry with me even if I don´t intend to take photographs. It is very compact so I can almost forget it in the pocket of my jacket. But if I see something I have a good camera with me to take the shot.

I also use it instead of an 18mm lens when I am out with my bigger Fuji. So I don´t have to change lenses too often. The bigger Fuji has for example a 35mm lens or a zoom and the XF10 with 18mm ist a great and lightweight addition to the main camera.

In landscape photography I mostly just use the auto focus in AF-S position. The focus mode ist set to "All" so that I can choose how big the little focus square should be. Normally I have it on medium size. If the light is not good I use a tripod so that I can still close the aperture to 8 and keep the ISO low. If I don´t have a tripod with me in such a situation I open up the aperture to 4 an try to hold the camera as steady as possible with rather slow shutter speed (not slower that 1/15 sec.). It helps to use the self timer (2 sec.) because than there ist no extra movement when the shutter is released. It is easier to hold a camera with a view finder steadily because you press it a little to the forehead when looking through it.

Snap focus I only use for street photography.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow