What Full Frame Camera should i buy?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
kierenlon
kierenlon Contributing Member • Posts: 875
Re: What Full Frame Camera should i buy?

I switched from the D7000 to a Fuji X-T30 because I wanted something smaller, with decent small primes between 16-35mm and remote (phone) trigger.

To get the same look, a Nikon Z6 with some F1.8 lenses would have been roughly the same price last time I looked.

My general rule is that if you need to ask, you probably haven't thought enough about what you need / want. I recommend writing a list of what you like with your current set up, what you don't like and what you would like improved. Once you know what you might like improved - is it worth spending X to upgrade the body or could you buy a maybe a speedlight or a faster lens to fulfil that need?
I can't imaging you'd be disappointed with any modern camera. Switching systems is expensive though. Good luck with your decision.  Buying old / high shutter count bodies is a risk.  The D700 is 12 years old and I don't think Nikon service them any more?   I would lean towards a newer Nikon if I were you but cost in those improvements over your D7000

kierenlon's gear list:kierenlon's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow