EOS M, M50 or M6 mark ii?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Alpesh26 New Member • Posts: 9
Re: EOS M, M50 or M6 mark ii?

R2D2 wrote:

Outstanding move! The M6ii absolutely shines in exactly the areas you’re looking for improvement in.

As far as prime lenses go, it’s pretty much personal preference. However that EF-M 32 you’re contemplating is seriously good.

The EF-M 11-22 ultra-wide is excellent (preferable to the 10-18), and you might want to keep the 55-250 to see how it performs on the M6ii (esp if it’s the STM version).

Also be sure to check out the M6ii Tips & Tricks thread for some pointers...

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4433968

Enjoy your new kit, and holler back if you have any questions!

R2

Unfortunately the 55-250 I have is the non STM version as I don't think it was released when I bought it. To be fair, the 55-250 does produce some nice pictures and it might be a bit quicker with M6 Mk2.

Yep, I've been researching the 32mm and the Sigma 30mm and on the M6 Mk2 the Canon 32mm seems the better bet despite the cost difference. I also like the warmer colours it produces over the Sigma. I may pick up the 22mm in the future as they're reasonably priced used.

Thanks for the link to the Tips and Tricks thread, I'll be using that one a lot!

Alpesh26's gear list:Alpesh26's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 32mm F1.4 Apple iPhone 11 Pro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Ali
Ali
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow