**Celebrating ‘Pinhead’ Sensor Bridge Cameras**

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
DUBTEMPLE
DUBTEMPLE Contributing Member • Posts: 749
Re: Panasonic DMC-FZ40

Ainisru wrote:

There are times when I wish I did not know anything about sensor size and staring at charts and graphs. Photography is one of the few creative outlets I find myself being able to show passion/love of something. I started my photography on the 1/2.3" sensor and it will hold a special place in my heart.

What I like about small sensor sizes is how it pushes you to maximize what the form factor and your input in creating the images. I been looking at some modern pictures and seeing how well the new technologies have made 1/2.3" even better that previously.

Unfortunately what pushed me out is that I find myself taking a lot of indoor or evening-night pictures and the dissatisfaction crept up.

While I found FZ70 useless, FZ200 will be maybe my best friend ever, in darkness also

Small size, F 2.8 full range, superb stabilisation, and sensor not over-pixelated,.. did it

Foremost I could avoid flash, even indoor, lots of evening-shots, blue-hour, and so on

It's about worn out now, but I consider replacing with a FZ300, despite I own FZ1000

(partly becourse I got the Nikon teleconverters also to be re-used)

So for me FZ200 became the low-light miracle to deliver IRL despite I got DSLR/primes

DUBTEMPLE's gear list:DUBTEMPLE's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 Canon EOS 500D +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow