How are R6 colors compared to older Canons

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jean P71 New Member • Posts: 20
How are R6 colors compared to older Canons

How do you feel about R6 colors, specifically in LIghtroom?

My FF story goes:

6D - I really liked those colors. Warm and punchy but still natural. I guess they could be called "Canon classic"

5D4 - A very nice upgrade of course, with the exception of the colors; they felt strange compared with the 6D.

R - Colors somewhat better than 5D4, but slightly cold and still missing  the 6D colors.

5D "classic" - bought a cheap one just for the fun - and wow what nice colors it can give.

I don't use DPP. I  generally prefer and use Camera Standard in Lightroom. Fiddling with color tuning is not my cup of tea, except adjusting white balance.

For the R I use the colorfidelity profile if there is a lot of green instead of Camera Standard.

Now, how about R6? Since Abode doesn't provide Camera Standard, I read many are happy with the colorfidelity profiles.

But are colors more towards classic Canon colors from a color science point of view (CFA?) - or more the "modern" 5D4 / R colors?

Jean P71's gear list:Jean P71's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS M Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS R Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM +16 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow