EOS M, M50 or M6 mark ii?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
R2D2 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,686
Re: EOS M, M50 or M6 mark ii?

Alpesh26 wrote:

Thanks all for the feedback and opinions, very much appreciated!

It seems the M6 Mk2 was the clear winner from my options so I bought a used body in 'Excellent' condition from MPB. I traded in my EOS M and SpeedLite 90EX as the M6 Mk2 has a small flash built in. I've never had an EVF so I won't miss it, the tiling screen may help when taking pictures in bright sunlight anyway.

I've kept my lenses and will test them out on the M6. I can see the 55-250 being sold and put the cost towards the 32mm as opposed to the 22mm. The 32mm seems to take more advantage of the sensor. Or I may sell the 18-55 and get the EF-S 10-18mm even though it adds bulk with the adapter. Any opinions on lens choices would be appreciated.

I understand the 32mm is more of a 50mm taking into account the cropped sensor (please correct me if I'm wrong) but it is expensive (anyone feeling generous ;-))!

I get the point about waiting to see what Canon release this year, but my uncle used to wait for a "new model" and never bought anything!

...I'm sure I'll have more questions once I get the M6 mk2, but this seems like a great forum with lots of knowledgable people!

Outstanding move! The M6ii absolutely shines in exactly the areas you’re looking for improvement in.

As far as prime lenses go, it’s pretty much personal preference. However that EF-M 32 you’re contemplating is seriously good.

The EF-M 11-22 ultra-wide is excellent (preferable to the 10-18), and you might want to keep the 55-250 to see how it performs on the M6ii (esp if it’s the STM version).

Also be sure to check out the M6ii Tips & Tricks thread for some pointers...

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4433968

Enjoy your new kit, and holler back if you have any questions!  

R2

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.
http://www.pbase.com/jekyll_and_hyde/galleries

R2D2's gear list:R2D2's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Ali
Ali
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow