**Celebrating ‘Pinhead’ Sensor Bridge Cameras**

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Ainisru Regular Member • Posts: 127
Panasonic DMC-FZ40

There are times when I wish I did not know anything about sensor size and staring at charts and graphs. Photography is one of the few creative outlets I find myself being able to show passion/love of something. I started my photography on the 1/2.3" sensor and it will hold a special place in my heart.

What I like about small sensor sizes is how it pushes you to maximize what the form factor and your input in creating the images. I been looking at some modern pictures and seeing how well the new technologies have made 1/2.3" even better that previously.

Unfortunately what pushed me out is that I find myself taking a lot of indoor or evening-night pictures and the dissatisfaction crept up.

I am thankful that Panasonic doesn't lock RAW format to their bridge/p&s cameras like most manufacturers. It made fall it love in being able to play with the colours and finding ways to push the file to its limits.

I really don't have any complaints about the FZ40, it is a solid camera, but I found that (well looking at my old catalogue) it does not handle medium-dark skin tones well.

Edit: Although I know these are from the FZ40, I cannot say for certain that they are SOOC JPEGs. The only alteration I have done before posting these is small hint of dehaze from Rawtherapee and smallest axis resized to 1440px, then final export with RIOT at 80% JPEG quality.

I do miss the amount of reach bridge cameras offer.

Did you notice the previous image was 16:9? Why? I have no idea!

Ainisru's gear list:Ainisru's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D800 Panasonic G85 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow