First Pix: Leica SL + Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f/2.8

Started Nov 18, 2015 | Discussions thread
OP Godfrey Forum Pro • Posts: 29,509
Re: First Pix: Leica SL + Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f/2.8

lecycliste wrote:

Hi Godfrey, just found this thread. I have a 60/2.8 Macro Elmarit coming tomorrow for use on a Leica SL2. I’ve had my eye in a macro lens for a couple years now. Found a first version in good shape and pretty cheap on ebay, and also the matching 1:1 extension ring, lens hood, and Metabones adapter.

Your pictures are inspiring - I’ll be looking for closeups in south central Colorado this weekend, and on my return to Albuquerque.

Going to be cold though - high in Colorado Springs is 10 degrees on Sunday. The Bay Area was never that cold.

Best to you.

Good luck with it!

I loved the SL and my little collection of Leica R lenses.  I found myself using the SL with the MER60, 'Lux R50, Super-Elmar-R 15, and 'Cron-R 90 the most.

They work very well together. I'm sure the SL2 has even more potential!

I retired in 2016 and my equipment kit has changed around quite a lot since then. But I've kept all my R lenses and use them with a CL body now, as well as a few M lenses. The Macro-Elmarit-R 60 remains one of my favorites, and for close up work I also have the Macro-Elmar 100 plus Focusing Bellows-R setup ... It did beautifully with the SL and does even a little better with the CL body.

This equipment is marvelous, but remember the magical part of it all are the photos you make.

be well, stay sane, endure!

G

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow