It's quite in here - like Stonehenge

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
mfinley
OP mfinley Senior Member • Posts: 4,995
Re: It's quite in here - like Stonehenge

JarusNZ wrote:

Great shot. I like the raven in the background also. How did you get so close?.

We had to book the access a year in advance, they offer a special access at sunrise with a limited amount of people, I think it was around 20 people. THey bus you in and bus you out, you get I think it was about 1 hour. You have complete access which is nice, you can go behind the ropes and in amongst the stones.

I spent my hour trying to get a few shots without other people in the frames and also balancing that to make sure I was experiencing the enjoyment of being at such an amazing place too, another young couple spent their hour her doing yoga poses in front of Stonehenge while her boyfriend video and snapped pics of her. It was kind of funny but mostly sad, as the hour neared it's completion I remember her turning around finally and wanting to actually look at Stonehenge, the ranger was shooing everybody back to the bus by then. I guess she had to end up looking at her instagram feed to see what Stonehenge looked like.

Here is what it really looked like, and one with the sun rising. Well worth the extra money and effort to get the sunrise access.

-- hide signature --
 mfinley's gear list:mfinley's gear list
Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow