EOS M, M50 or M6 mark ii?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
beagle1 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,238
Re: EOS M, M50 or M6 mark ii?

Alpesh26 wrote:

Hello,

I posted this in the buying advice thread but it might be better placed here

I have a Canon EOS M and looking to upgrade. I’m very much a beginner but I’ve owned this camera since 2014 and it hasn’t been very good for F1 photography mostly due to the burst FPS being only 4.

I have the EF-M 18-55mm lens it came with and EF-M mount adapter with an EF-S 55-250mm lens (non STM, very slow to focus!)

I like M series due to size and I have been considering upgrading to either M50 (the mark ii is not available in the UK) or the M6 mark ii.

I can get around £100 for my EOS M which I don’t think is too bad considering I purchased in 2014 for £240. I’d like to take the opportunity to upgrade and get something for it rather than it being worthless in a couple more years.

Which of the options (M6 mark ii or M50) would you guys/girls recommend or keep the EOS M? I’d like to use it for F1 stills, portrait and I don’t think I’ll be shooting much video or vlogging with it.

I’m open to other brands but would like to reuse my Canon 18-55 and 55-250mm lenses if possible. I’m thinking about getting the EF-M 22mm prime lens too.

Thanks in advance!

I'll vote for the M6ii

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Ali
Ali
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow