EOS M, M50 or M6 mark ii?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
thunder storm Senior Member • Posts: 6,567
Re: EOS M, M50 or M6 mark ii?

Rock and Rollei wrote:

I still use a couple of original Ms, converted to IR use - still good for that. And the M, for all its faults, has always been a bit of a jewel of a camera, beautifully made with such a silky smooth touch interface. And that sensor can still produce lovely pictures.
The M50 is a huge leap forwards. Decent AF is by far the biggest difference. One of the best bang per quid cameras available.
The M6 II, though, is probably the most underrated camera on the market today,

And that's great, as I was able to get one for 850 euro viewfinder and kitlens included.  I will sell the kitlens, and get probably 50 euro or so for it.

largely because it's an M, but also because the viewfinder isn't built in - which personally, I find an advantage.

As it's not my low light camera it's fine by me.

It's an incredibly competent camera, Canon's best crop format camera and a real all-rounder.

The 90D has it's place. However, the M6mkII kind of puts it to shame as it comes to AF and available lenses.

-- hide signature --

I love 50mm (equivalence)

thunder storm's gear list:thunder storm's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 35-80mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Ali
Ali
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow