EOS M, M50 or M6 mark ii?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Analog4Ever Junior Member • Posts: 46
Re: EOS M, M50 or M6 mark ii?

I can't think of a reason to keep the M Classic unless there's some nostalgia around it.

There's rules about selling gear on this site so consider what follows as an advisory.

Like you I bought the M with the adapter and 22mm.  Currently I have the M with a blank lcd; the M100/22; M50/22; and the adapter.  I'm selling all but the M100/22 which I bought new for $450 (foreign) model) just before Christmas.

I've just never committed to the form.  It's really too small for my hands.  I ditched a Rebel for the same reason.  I need a larger grip.

I have a wrist strap for the M100 and the 22 (both white/silver) is welded on.  It's small enough for casual walks, street photography (if we're ever done with the masks), and 24 MP is plenty.

You won't be disappointed by it or the M200.  The M6 II is the Queen of the rangefinder form right now with a new 32 MP sensor.  Since you keep your cameras it's probably the best investment looking to the future, but you won't get a sweetheart deal on one just yet.

The EVF on the M50 is beautiful.  I'd keep it but if I sell everything on eBay at prices trending I can buy a 90D for 300-400 dollars more, or trade about even for a 80D.

The advantage I have is the EF-S lenses I already own.

Frankly I think you'll be happy with the M100/200, M50 I/II, and the M6 II.  So I say buy what your budget will allow.

Hakuna Matata

Analog4Ever's gear list:Analog4Ever's gear list
Canon PowerShot Pro1 Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS M100 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Ali
Ali
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow