Please help me to choose the best one.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Craftsman70 Contributing Member • Posts: 633
Re: Please help me to choose the best one.

Robert 23 wrote:

I am going to buy my next DSLR.(I have Df and D700)
After a lot of reading, searching etc... I decided to go with either D800E or D780.
I already have a collection of fast F mount lenses
I shoot landscape, stills, abstract, street.

D780 because is the closest thing to the mirrorless and because of its high iso performance.

D800E because i am really impressed by its sharpness (Actually i saw on Flickr some shots like thathttps://flic.kr/p/24i5Ydt

Ι turned down:
Z series (i hate EVF)
D810---Nothing on Flickr managed to impress me both sharpness and colour wise.
D850,D5,D6 etc...Toooo expensive.

So..what would you suggest?

Go with the D780. I, like a couple of other people in this thread, seriously looked at and even tried a D780 before supporting it or damning it. There have been other D780 decision threads in this forum over the past few weeks and each one has been filled with people who have never tried the camera but damn it simply because they didn't like one thing or another (ie no verticle grip). A previous thread was even started by someone in your exact same position - a Df owner looking at the D780 and not liking the Z-series.

The D780 will work just fine for you. You will find that the operations and its UI speed to be refreshing compared with the Df or the older D800E. Nothing else that you are considering comes close to the mirrorless-like performance of the D780's Live View but due to the nature of the AF-S beast, you might have to get a selection of AF-P lenses in order to reduce the lens noise if you are shooting videos.

Craftsman70's gear list:Craftsman70's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7200 Nikon D780 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow