Travel Lens - If you could only have one?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 52,601
Re: Travel Lens - If you could only have one?

Lensmate wrote:

Certainly its true for a good many peeps...your an older guy in late 70's and find it suits you for your age now. But there are many that are not of that age and tow along several lenses no problem. To each his own. The original poster failed to mention what he is shooting and how old he is...

-Martin P

Actually my age has nothing to do with it because I'm in excellent shape, walk several miles a day, do some weight training and not I'm arthritic. For me it's simply for convenience. I find that when I walkaround with my A99ii and several lenses it's just time consuming and a pain in the ass to keep changing lenses. It also can result in lost opportunities for fleeting moments because I'm a walk around looking for photographic opportunities photographer. I'm also a hiker. When I carried several lenses I was constantly changing them. At any moment I may want to switch from wide angle to long telephoto. I also like to take photos of the same thing at several focal lengths. So in the end it depends on the type of photography you do. I took this photo at the top of a mountain and the trail included one spot that required pulling myself up over a large rock formations and steep climbs as shown below.

Finally at the top (my wife).

Could I have done this with my ICL and lenses in my back pack? Sure but why bother when one small camera can do the job.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow