RX10 IV "Not an Open Box" - Is there a way to evaluate that?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
D Lynch Veteran Member • Posts: 5,179
PhotonTrapper....

PhotonTrapper wrote:

Garyster wrote:

Is the discounted price enough to overcome your fear of possibly getting a second hand camera? How much is the store selling it for?

If within reason, buying from Amazon with a credit card that offers at least a 1 year warranty extension (mine actually gives 2 additional years) is prudent on a relatively expensive piece of gear.

g

The rep on the phone explained that one of the 2 cameras in stock is in fact a "demo". I had asked before how much they were selling the RX10 IV. When I then asked (only by curiosity, since I am not interested in buying a "demo") if he would be applying a discount on that "demo", he answered no, the camera is "like new". So they are selling both cameras (a demo and a supposedly brand new, non open box) the same price.

I've bought lots of gear in Canada.

photoprice.ca

has helped me a lot. It's not as active as it used to be.

Suggest you go there, and do a search for the camera you want. There are a few dealers. You can contact them if you wish.

Unfortunately I have had as good luck buying from the big "discount" stores as the regular stores in Canada.

My last purchase was through Kijiji. I had never done that before. However, the person I bought from was a delight. My Sony camera still had some warranty left. The person that sold it had only had it for about 3 months. She simply didn't like the camera that I like so much.

Good luck.

Thanks Mina for letting me know that this post was here.

I hope that all the advice given by others here helps you out PhotonTrapper.

David

-- hide signature --

Canada

D Lynch's gear list:D Lynch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow