Large parabolic umbrella

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Paul Regular Member • Posts: 423
Re: Large parabolic umbrella

paras are great, Adorama sells great lower price ones with their Glow brand....

a 7 ft para is.....huge.....I would go with a 5ft at first....still somewhat manageable outside....

400ws can be ok but that really depends on what and how you are shooting I would say at normal distance you might get f4? at full power....

a sock over a para is a little pointless because you are more or less getting a really big (and nice) octa but I would not even try that with a 400 head...unless you shoot at f2 or so....and really the whole reason for using a para is lost with a sock....

paras take longer to set up and need beefier stand and a 7ft one needs lots of sandbags, and a sturdy stand, even in studio....outside...even the slightest breeze will snap stands....its an enclosed 7ft bowl catching wind....

the Glow paras are just as good as Westcott, really well made, you get the full para effect and easier to start with a smaller one to check things out.....a 5 ft para still has the look and does pretty much everything a 7ft does and actually many things a 7ft isn't made for...portraits, 3/4,....

-- hide signature --

schefz.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow