EOS M, M50 or M6 mark ii?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alpesh26 New Member • Posts: 9
EOS M, M50 or M6 mark ii?

Hello,

I posted this in the buying advice thread but it might be better placed here

I have a Canon EOS M and looking to upgrade. I’m very much a beginner but I’ve owned this camera since 2014 and it hasn’t been very good for F1 photography mostly due to the burst FPS being only 4.

I have the EF-M 18-55mm lens it came with and EF-M mount adapter with an EF-S 55-250mm lens (non STM, very slow to focus!)

I like M series due to size and I have been considering upgrading to either M50 (the mark ii is not available in the UK) or the M6 mark ii.

I can get around £100 for my EOS M which I don’t think is too bad considering I purchased in 2014 for £240. I’d like to take the opportunity to upgrade and get something for it rather than it being worthless in a couple more years.

Which of the options (M6 mark ii or M50) would you guys/girls recommend or keep the EOS M? I’d like to use it for F1 stills, portrait and I don’t think I’ll be shooting much video or vlogging with it.

I’m open to other brands but would like to reuse my Canon 18-55 and 55-250mm lenses if possible. I’m thinking about getting the EF-M 22mm prime lens too.

Thanks in advance!

Alpesh26's gear list:Alpesh26's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 32mm F1.4 Apple iPhone 11 Pro
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Ali
Ali
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow