CONSTRUCTION PHOTOGRAPHY - Beginners Advice Needed

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
James C. Whiteside III Contributing Member • Posts: 967
CONSTRUCTION PHOTOGRAPHY - Beginners Advice Needed

I work at an Engineering company and we have started doing drone photography of our ongoing projects for social media purposes. I have always been a photo-bug, so the drone stuff has kept me very interested over the last year.

Our company has 1 certified drone pilot but is looking to get others certified. I have always been interested in getting a drone for travel and outdoor photos. The company uses two Parrot Anafi drones, but that's a little out of my price range (for personal use).

Start off I was hoping to find a decent useable drone for personal photography purposes in the $200-300. But most of the reviews I saw recommend I at least go up to a Mavic Mini 2 (but that puts me in the $600 with extra batteries).

Am I overlooking a good starter drone for social media resolution? Right now I am mainly interested in photos, but videos may be an interest once I get going.

Again this is for personal use. Considering I am still happy with my two 6mp DLSR's that are almost 15+ years old, I plan on keeping whatever I buy for many years. I am not a name-brand junkie and would be happy to hear if there are any other options I should be considering.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow