Started Dec 24, 2020 | Discussions thread
FujiJon
FujiJon Regular Member • Posts: 375
Re: darktable 3.4.1 released

sluggy_warrior wrote:

Henry Richardson wrote:

A bug fix release has been made:

https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/releases/tag/release-3.4.1

Slightly related, for those on Linux/Ubuntu: I've been living on the master branch, compiling every week. Last week, my darktable would freeze/crash if I start doing tasks too quickly. When it freezes, I can't close the window, can't kill darktable, and it even prevented shutting down, had to hold the power button to force a shut-off.

Thinking it was a recent update, I reverted darktable back to 3.4, then reverted intel microcode, then kernel, then nvidia driver, still had the problem. Turned out it was the Intel OpenCL driver. I was greedy, telling darktable to use both the 1050Ti and the onboard Intel 620, but didn't know the Intel OpelCL driver has always been buggy, perhaps I was lucky until recently.

So I'm not alone. I have the same problem on an Asus zenbook, i7 ice lake and iris graphics and a corei5 laptop. Telling dt not to use Opencl stops the crashing. As does waiting for dt to finish what it's doing before tweaking something else...mostly.

BTW you can click the close window button on dt, wait for the not responding prompt, then force quit.  Then use alt-printscreen together then holding those down type R E I S U B slowly to force a reboot, it's kinder on the system than turning it off.

-- hide signature --

If at first you do succeed, try not to look surprised.

FujiJon's gear list:FujiJon's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jfw
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow