My take on the RF 70-200 F4

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
davel33 Senior Member • Posts: 2,198
My take on the RF 70-200 F4

This lens is awesome, its a pleasure to use. There are two small details I don't care for.
#1 you cant use it with an extender, none made at this time, same for the 2.8 version.
#2 the hood is a monster, does not have a small door to adjust your CPL.

Details I DO care for
#1 Its SMALL, 1/2" longer than the RF 24-105 f4L, same width and a few grams lighter.
#2 Most of the weight of the lens is near the mount, its easy on your wrist
#3 The focus is very fast, silent and dead on.
#4 It has the same size filter 77mm filter and lens cap as the RF 24-105, same hood mount as the RF 24-105 and I would think the same as RF 70-200 f2.8.
#5 My finger is long enough to reach a rotating filter and I DONT have long fingers
#6 The lens does not rattle when not on the camera, it does not rattle when used. My EF 85 L f1.4 was a rattle trap on and off the camera
#7 Its very sharp.

#8 did I say its SILENT

I plan on using it with the Rf 24-105 f4 for event shooting. I replaced the EF 70-200 f4 IS with this and am SO GLAD I did. In a room with people, when I did the half press to focus half the room would stop and turn to me, sorta blows your chance for a candid. This lens on my R/R6 is silent

I would not hesitate to use this on a tripod with out a collar for the lens.

Like I said in the first line this lens is a pleasure to use

-- hide signature --

"Just one more Lens, I promise....."
Dave

davel33's gear list:davel33's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro +27 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow