Voigtlander Snapshot Skopar 25mm f4 m39 on EOS R body

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
xtam667 Regular Member • Posts: 118
Re: Voigtlander Snapshot Skopar 25mm f4 m39 on EOS R body

rich_cx139 wrote:

David Yule wrote:

I've been looking for a reasonably small, light, approximately 24mm lens to use on an Canon EOS R series body. It doesn't need to be fast as I'll mostly use it for landscapes/cityscapes.

I've already got an M39 to RF mount adapter which I'm using with a Jupiter 8 50mm lens.

A bit of research suggests a Voigtlander Snapshot Skopar 25mm f4 M39 mount lens could be a good option.

One concern is the lens does project further back into the camera body than the Jupiter 8, although probably not enough to risk touching the shutter. Can if anyone can confirm it will work ok?

Any other lens suggestions? I'd consider any lens for which I can get an RF adapter.

I'm aware the Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM is an obvious modern candidate, but one you add the EF to RF adapter it's not an especially small/light combination.

Thanks

I would go with Rol Lei Nut's suggestion - or something similar i.e. a compact SLR lens as he or ProfHankD mentioned. ( I just use a Nikon 24 ais but it is going to stick out more than others )

The skopars aren't cheap and you may be disappointed - unless someone posts here who has used that combo with good effect:

The M-mount Skopar 21/3.5 is definitely a disappointment. Heavy vignetting and colour shifts. Sold mine. I am guessing the 25/4 is similar, maybe marginally better.

The Nokton 21/1.4 is nice though. It is newer design that works well with digital . There is pronounced vignetting and a small amount of colour shift in the corners at f/1.4, but the center and midframe is good and sharp. Beyond f/2 there is no problem. For a rangefinder lens it is not small or light but smaller than the Canon EF 24/2.8 + adapter. And much, much better built.

The 28/3.5 SMC Takumar may be too long for your purposes, but it is a very good vintage landscape lens. It is small for an SRL lens and very well built. There is a 24mm version as well, but I have no experience with that.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow