Travel Lens - If you could only have one?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Rambler358
OP Rambler358 Senior Member • Posts: 1,551
Re: Travel Lens - If you could only have one?

Lensmate wrote:

Rambler358 wrote:

Lensmate wrote:

tbcass wrote:

Lensmate wrote:

Two to three lenses is not an issue for most some,

unless this chap is severely disabled.

That's absolutely not true. You are transferring your desires on to other people. I used to travel with an ICL camera and 3-4 lenses in a camera case but now I use an RX10iv because it's just more enjoyable and convenient. The sacrifice in IQ is minimal.

Certainly its true for a good many peeps...your an older guy in late 70's and find it suits you for your age now. But there are many that are not of that age and tow along several lenses no problem. To each his own. The original poster failed to mention what he is shooting and how old he is...

-Martin P

And it's also not true for a good many peeps. I should've added that I'd be shooting mostly landscape, city, some indoor and street shots. My post was about a one lens solution. You telling me that I need to carry multiple lenses for what I want to do doesn't help - I know what I want to do for this, and what I don't. And I don't want to keep switching lenses, hence the reason for this post. If you can offer help then great, if not then don't - simple as that really. Suggesting that I'm severely disabled (which I'm not) certainly doesn't help anything. What works for you is not necessarily going to work for others - you should keep that in mind.

Cry me a river...why don't you answer a few simple questions when peeps are trying to help your situation, instead of making them guess!

Ironic how you failed to mention previous lenses that would stop peeps suggesting otherwise...

Need a bit more range - 1.4x TC or Minolta 500 Reflex?: Sony Alpha SLR/SLT A-mount Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review (dpreview.com)

-Martin P

You're crying your own river.  I did answer questions that were asked, and I was also interested in hearing what others might use for a one lens solution.

I also indicated what lenses I had on the first page of this thread.

And what's the purpose of posting a link to a thread I created that has nothing what-so-ever to do with this post?

-- hide signature --

Ron
Torrance, CA

Rambler358's gear list:Rambler358's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow