Travel Lens - If you could only have one?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Rambler358
OP Rambler358 Senior Member • Posts: 1,551
Re: Travel Lens - If you could only have one?

Lensmate wrote:

OpticsEngineer wrote:

On a typical vacation which might last 10 days, on eight days I typically use an 18-135, and on the other two days I use a superzoom like the Tamron 16-300.

The reason not to use the 16-300 everyday of course is the IQ is noticeably poorer, especially at focal lengths over about 50 mm. But somedays a superzoom just fits in better with the day's activities and I'm not after great shots as much a memories with the family. But the other eight days, the lesser IQ would bother me the extent I would not feel like taking some of the pictures.

Depends what he enjoys shooting on a typical vacation. Everyone is different, and restricting shooting during a vacation with one lens is something I would never do, or have ever done! Two to three lenses is not an issue for most, unless this chap is severely disabled.

-Martin P

My reasoning for a one lens solution is to avoid the issue of having to frequently change lenses, and carry a bag around with me to hold everything.

-- hide signature --

Ron
Torrance, CA

Rambler358's gear list:Rambler358's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow