Nikon Z DX lenses

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ZapperVT Senior Member • Posts: 1,435
Re: Nikon Z DX lenses

London57 wrote:

Thank you all for your responses.

I should have clarified that for 20ish - 50ish mm f/4 I was certainly giving bigger weight allowance.

The Fujifilm XF 16-80 f/4 exceeds your focal range request and weighs 440g.  That's not featherweight but it's pretty good for the focal range and build quality.

anyway I just don’t feel confident that Nikon is committed to APSC size Z mount lenses. So feels like it’s a safer bet to go with Fuji.

I agree. Fujifilm is tops in APS-C. They have a full range of bodies, and a full range of lenses with the exception of long telephoto. If you ever need one of those, you can use Nikon F mount or Canon EF mount lenses with an adapter.

I was on the fence for a long time on whether to stay with APS-C and switch to Fujifilm, or to stay with Nikon and switch to FF. I ended up choosing the latter, but my kit is heavier, no doubt.

ZapperVT's gear list:ZapperVT's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow