Nikon Z DX lenses

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
rangel28 Regular Member • Posts: 443
Re: Nikon Z DX lenses

London57 wrote:

All

Looking to buy a new mirrorless camera and having considered Sony, Nikon, Fuji, Olympus and Canon thinking about Z50. Low weight is super important. Primary use will be kid parties, park, travel etc. Ideally want to keep camera + lens < 600 gms. I tried many many lens and camera combinations and almost everything that I liked was around 500g - 550gms.

However it look like Nikon only has two Z mount DX lenses and nothing on the roadmap. I dont want to buy FX lenses as those are expensive and heavy. Ideally want

1. A 35 or 50mm F/2 prime

2. A zoom that covers 20mm to 50mm range with constant aperture of F/4

Are you guys aware of any Z mount DX lenses that might come out in the next 12 months?

The only other Z DX lens on the roadmap right now is a 18mm-140mm. Nikon has hinted that more Z lenses (not on roadmap) are coming but only they know if those are DX or FX lenses. There are also two "pancake" FX Z lenses, 28mm and 40mm, on the roadmap.

The two Z50 kit lenses are very good, as well as being small and light, and cover a wide range. You can also push the ISO higher with the Z50 and get excellent results.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow