'The Wave' in moonlight | Nikon D850 |Nikon 14-24 | [Image]

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Lihkin
OP Lihkin Senior Member • Posts: 2,813
Re: 'The Wave' in moonlight | Nikon D850 |Nikon 14-24 | [Image]

Mward1226 wrote:

Beautiful photo, I never thought to try a moonlight shot when there. Maybe my next trip there. The wind that seem to pop up from time to time always makes shooting interesting, I always keep my tripod strapped down when when the camera is on it, just in case. Never had wind damage, but almost one time at the wave, caught it in time.

Curious, single or multiple images, and what type of exposure, if you don't mind.

Thanks much. Yeah, the wind really threw me off - didn't expect it to be so windy that day (and it lasted the entire day, blasting sand everywhere - into our eyes etc.). This one is a single exposure - ISO 5000, f/3.2, 15 seconds, 14mm. I was also carrying my star tracker and took some shots with that too - I just processed one of those (below). This one is blend - foreground and the sky. The sky is a stack of 17 shots, 90 seconds each on the tracker, f/3.2 and ISO 640.

Cheers,

-- hide signature --
 Lihkin's gear list:Lihkin's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow