Do you want a superbly SHARP Macro lens? This is it...however...

Started 7 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
steveTQP
steveTQP Regular Member • Posts: 219
Do you want a superbly SHARP Macro lens? This is it...however...

The Venus Laowa 100mm F2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO is among the sharpest lenses I've used in 45 years of photography! IMHO, that is its' main strength. It's also built like a tank, and works seamlessly (in Z Mount) on my Z7. If you want a full manual Macro lens that goes down to 2:1, this is worth checking out! The one "downside" of this lens, is that the "focus throw" is very short, which means that EXTRA care (and patience) must be had when focusing on the desired subject focus point! Other macro lenses I've used in the past (notably the Micro-Nikkor 55 f2/8) had a quite large focus throw, which made it effortless to achieve pinpoint focus where you wanted it!. Thus, though I am VERY pleased with the sharpness and overall image quality I get from the Venus Laowa 100mm F2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO, I do look forward to the future Micro-Nikkor S 100 f/2.8 for the Z Mount!

-- hide signature --

SteveTQP
steve@totalqualityphoto.com

steveTQP's gear list:steveTQP's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR Venus Laowa 100mm F2.8 Macro Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8
Venus Laowa 100mm F2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO
Macro prime lens • Canon EF, Canon RF, L-Mount, Nikon F (FX), Nikon Z, Pentax KAF2, Sony FE
Announced: Apr 20, 2018
steveTQP's score
Average community score
Nikon Z7 Venus Laowa 100mm F2.8 Macro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow