Thinking about upgrading to the A77 ii from the A77, but...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Photorer Senior Member • Posts: 1,429
Re: Thinking about upgrading to the A77 ii from the A77, but...

When I was that the A77ii was going to be "discontinued" in South Africa, I went out to grab one- to give my Amount lens collection a longer life.

I have loved my A77 since new. It takes incredible photos, and is the most useful tool I've ever used.

Moving to the A77ii felt in the hand perfect - just the same.... but there is a distinct improvement in the AF and the Dynamic range is superior (as has been stated before). The shooting burst speed is better on the A77ii as well (although I hardly ever  use that!)

The A77ii went to Svalbard with me to take photos of the Arctic. It went to Vietnam and Cambodia before lockdown. It goes to the bush every time I get the opportunity.

GPS was always turned off on the A77 - I don't want a photo of mine to jeopardize the life of a precious rhino!

Neither the A77 or the A77ii has ever let me down, and I really cannot find a similar set of features to suit the type of photography I do.

The A77ii has some really good video options, too, if you want to explore a little there. Far better than the A77, which I hardly ever tried!

If you can find a decent used model, go for it! It will keep you happy for many many years!

-- hide signature --

Still not enough time to take pictures....... Is there ever?

Photorer's gear list:Photorer's gear list
Sony SLT-A77
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow