Thinking about upgrading to the A77 ii from the A77, but...

Started Jan 25, 2021 | Discussions thread
MikeInOr
MikeInOr Senior Member • Posts: 1,421
Re: Thinking about upgrading to the A77 ii from the A77, but...

Prognathous wrote:

As an owner of an A77 MkII who previously owned the A77, my recommendation is: Save your money. More here:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/63140887

I think an A6400 (or even an A6000) with an LA-EA5 adaptor will probably be a more useful camera and will produce better images, ergonomics aside.

I recently upgraded to an A7RIV because my A77 was stolen.  The A6400 and A6000 don't have IBIS.  I really loved the IBIS on my A77.  The A6600 which does have IBIS and the latest auto-focus technology as well as the ability to focus screw drive focus Minolta lenses with the LE-EA5 does not have a flash which really turned me off.

I understand the declining A-Mount product line but Sony is far from putting out a perfect mirrorless ILC, especially if you are coming from a Sony A-Mount DSLR/DSLT.  In the end I am very happy with my A7RIV but there is a lot I miss from the A-Mount DSLT's.

MikeInOr's gear list:MikeInOr's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 Sony a7R IV Sony 20mm F2.8 Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow