Nikon 200mm MACRO discontinued

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Cycletourer Regular Member • Posts: 456
Re: Standard with the Nikon 200mm MACRO

dave gaines wrote:

Cycletourer wrote:

dave gaines wrote:

Today I received my barely used Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D IF-ED lens. ...

Congrats on the new lens.

I can still remember the thrill on getting mine.

... Look forward to seeing some of your efforts with your latest acquisition.

If you find a listing for the lens brand new or used as it was standard supplied, maybe n the Nikon website, it shows the supplied plastic lens hood and the leather-like cylinder case it came with originally.

The supplied flower petal hood is short and wide, not what you need for a 200 mm lens. The HN-30 hood is the recommended accessory. It's the right hood for this lens.

The lens pouch it came with is a brand new CL-M2, which was made for the 70-200 f/2.8 and the 300 mm f/4 lenses. I think those old style, leather-like cases wear out quickly if you carry them around in a backpack. I had an extra Lowepro lens pouch that fit it so I'm good to go.

I paid $960 plus tax. I thought that was a bargain for what I got.

http://www.nikon.co.nz/en_NZ/product/nikkor-lenses/f-mount/fx-format/special-purpose/af-micro-nikkor-200mm-f-4d-if-ed#accessories

Gotcha

Yes mine came with the HN-30.

Good to know about the other options.

Cycletourer's gear list:Cycletourer's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow