Nikon 200mm MACRO discontinued

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Cycletourer Regular Member • Posts: 456
Re: My ship has come in, Nikon 200mm MACRO

dave gaines wrote:

Today I received my barely used Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D IF-ED lens. It looks brand new with absolutely no wear.

It didn't come with the standard issue, little flower pedal lens hood. I already have the better metal HN-30 lens hood which is the right hood for this lens.

I always replace the lens pouch with a Tamrac, Lowepro or Pearlstone padded lens pouch for extra protection in my backpack, so that's fine.

I can't wait to get this out on a hike with the Nikon R-1 close up flash kit and get some macro images.

Congrats on the new lens.

I can still remember the thrill on getting mine.

I'd not heard of the "little flower petal lens hood".

I don't currently remember the part numb but after a quick squiz online think its either a Nikon CL-45 or CL-36, for a "hard" cylindrical leatherette case, which might just offer you another option for backpack protection.

This with the caveat of keeping the lens out of the case when not in the field and keeping the case in a dry environment at home as I've seen quite a few mouldy ones on various online auctions

Look forward to seeing some of your efforts with your latest acquisition.

Cycletourer's gear list:Cycletourer's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow