How much of an upgrade is R6 from 6D Mk1 (stills)?

Started Feb 5, 2021 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dashed Junior Member • Posts: 32
How much of an upgrade is R6 from 6D Mk1 (stills)?

Has anyone made the jump from 6D to R6 and can give me some real-world views or direct comparisons? I've had a good search and am not coming up with much.

I appreciate the video capability of the R6 is way better than 6D but is of little interest, although the newer autofocus system looks fantastic. The bit that's worrying me is that on paper, there is little in it from a megapixel perspective (20.2Mp in my 6D and 20Mp in the R6) - but I do realise that numbers don't tell the whole story!

Will I see any improvement in image quality, or is it fps and autofocus that will be the main benefits of upgrading; which of course, I'd definitely appreciate but not sure, for me, that would be worth the £2k cost of upgrading. I had initially looked at upgrading to the 5D IV but the fact Canon is investing so heavily in mirrorless is making me look seriously at making the jump.

My photography is a mix of landscape and some occasional climbing / mountaineering - so the slower moving of the sports side of things!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow