Sadly, It Happened Again

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
D Lynch Veteran Member • Posts: 5,089
cyuill2007...

cyuill2007 wrote:

My 30-110mm lens is exhibiting the stuck aperture issue again. I paid for a repair once. A second repair seems like throwing good money after bad. Not sure if I want to take a chance on another used 30-110, or a 10-100. I like the Nikon 1 system, but not the reliability of the lenses. On top of this issue, one of my V1 bodies is also developing issues with the EVF sensor.

I suppose this will ultimately hasten my move to the Z system.

Just a little story and a lot of remorse....

I had a Nikon 1V1 and 3 lenses.  I over-reacted to the cost of my growing pile of gear, and the GAS that had me contemplating another purchase....and it would be expensive.

I traded it in.  I've regretted that. That little camera punched above its weight. I had the best bird in flight photos I had taken. The camera was so small!  A photo from a car-run with the Porsche Club was published in their national magazine.  On the cover.

I'm currently using gear by another manufacturer.

I wish I had kept my Nikon 1V1. And I wish that the lenses were more reliable for all the committed owners.

Dave

-- hide signature --

Canada

D Lynch's gear list:D Lynch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow