Lenovo Legion specs

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Venger
OP Venger Junior Member • Posts: 30
Re: Lenovo Legion specs

Cariboo wrote:

...you also don't state why you don't go the desktop route, which will be a far better and more upgradeable system...

Because I neither want nor need one - I don't have the luxury of an office or study at home, so the desktop PC I do have is tucked away in a bedroom where, in order to use it, I have to perch on the side of a bed - hardly ideal. A laptop would allow me to work downstairs at the dining room table much more comfortably and everything could be packed away at the end of the day.

Do you have or are you going to also budget for a display calibration sensor like a X-Rite Display 1 Pro or ColorMunki?

No I'm not.

I think you are over thinking and over valuing specs based on your real world needs. You are looking for a Holy Grail that doesn't exist, even at 5x your budget.

I'm not sure if I've offended you with my basic questions somewhere but I think this is a bit harsh tbh. At the beginning of my original post I said that "...primarily it will need to do all the usual day-to-day stuff..." but if it could be geared towards manipulating photo's etc that would be good. I think that's completely fair enough. I can go out and buy a brand new laptop for GBP 199, I doubt that it would be up to much. So I did some reading on here, took on board a few pointers about processor types, storage etc and then went and did a bit of research. I don't think arming yourself with a bit more info rather than jumping in and buying the first product you see a bad thing.

(Your brain will think it's happy for spending the extra money...)

Oh trust me it really won't, I don't have that financial luxury which is exactly why I posted here in the first place.

...after real world complications set in and the novelty of spending all that money on a high end device has worn off or they are distracted by the next shiny object or start being distracted by the next hyped thing ...

Again, I've never been like that, borne out by the fact that I'm still using a 20 year old G4 Mac for music production and my phone is a 6 year old S6 !!

Get what you can afford, don't over spend, until you learn more and you "need" more vs think or want more.

This is a good piece of advice.

I'm merely trying to balance buying something that is dirt cheap and probably not fit for purpose with something a little more expensive (but still within my budget) and would therefore perform better and hopefully last me a little longer.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow